Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Week 2 - Bundle Focus - Dragonfly Dreams

Welcome to my second week of March focussing on bundles, where you not only save $s, but have a quick and easy way to create stunning cards and projects! This week it is the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle....I just love these dragonflies!


For someone who is caring for their spouse with Younger Onset Alzheimer's Dementia and whose days and week's often change at short notice. Such as mine did last week, heading off for a spot of camping and time together.....and therefore, losing a weekend where she planned to create some more projects to share. To keep up with my promise and plan to focus on bundles during March I had to create a few cards quickly this afternoon, in between appointments this morning and a meeting tonight!

Here is a quick snap of our campsite and the location we were on the East Coast of Tasmania, where hubby could get in a spot of kayaking, and where we could take our little dog Chloe, although she didn't like the camping other than the swims she had!

Coles Bay and Freycinet National Park is such a beautiful place. We camped at a free site at River and Rocks nearby.

These cards came together quickly using not on the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle, but also a couple of the items currently available (last month!) in our Sale-A-Bration promotion... 6x6 Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack and the Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper.

I decided not to colour in the Inside the Lines DSP but to leave them in their black and white state and use this as my background panel. I wanted a border of glimmer paper, but I hate to waste the whole piece behind my front panel, so I cut out some smaller dragonflies to either use on these cards or for another project later. Do you not like to waste these pieces like me?


I decorated the insides of my cards again and I will share a couple of them here.





Here are my few tips for you:

  • Split the small dragonflies to be used on a couple of projects
  • When cutting out your dragonflies on glimmer paper turn them over to ensure all cut out areas are popped out of your die correctly, easier to see if you have missed any this way
  • When overlaying panel pieces, don't waste your glimmer paper or cardstock, cut out images before adhering the top layer
  • Cut your Stampin' Dimensionals into smaller pieces to uplift areas of your dragonflies
  • Use a paper piercer to help pick up these smaller pieces and place them in the spots you want


Don't forget that this is the last month of Sale-a-Bration and your chance of redeeming a FREE item from the SAB brochures with any $90 order placed. You can shop 24/7 at my Online Store here!

Before closing your order don't forget to add this month's Host Code 44ZHUQ2N to receive a gift and thank you card from me next month.

If you want to receive ongoing benefits of getting your SU! supplies at up to a 25% discount and the opportunity to see/receive new products and catalogues before anyone else then consider joining my team.

Sale-a-Bration is the BEST time to join as not only is the Starter Kit (customisable to what products you want!) at a great price $169 ($235 product value) but you also get TWO FREE STAMP SETS of your choice, that's an added value of up to $179, PLUS, the shipping is FREE!!

No obligations! Not required to do parties or workshops!

Just lots of fun and a great way to get your craft supplies cheaper, a way to make friends and an opportunity to make extra $s if you want to!  Join here!


Key products used:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails