Everyone has to start somewhere and I am here to help you get started, because it can be quite overwhelming when you browse through our catalogue, to know what to order or where to start!!
Aside from Stamps, Ink and Paper, what else do you need to get started? I've compiled a list of what I think are the basics you need when you first start stamping.
- A good paper trimmer. Now, these come in ALL different configurations and prices, but the new Stampin' Trimmer is a fantastic and good quality personal cutter. I love how it has a right-side for cutting thin strips and comes with both a cutting and scoring blade.
- A good regular adhesive. I highly recommend SNAIL tape runners, which is a double-sided, permanent adhesive. It applies a controlled amount of adhesive directly to your project, so your hands and work area never get sticky.. This is the adhesive for when you are sticking cardstock to cardstock or paper to paper. For bigger stuff like attaching ribbon or button embellishments, I use Mini Glue Dots or our brand new Fine-Tip Glue Pen. However, SNAIL is a great basic.
- A good way to add dimension. Stampin' Up's Dimensionals I believe are simply the best on the market. Made of super-soft foam, they add texture and dimension to your projects without being too thick (you can of course mount one on top of the other to add extra dimension where needed). This makes posting your beautiful cards easier without having too much bulk.
- A good pair of scissors like the Paper Snips can be used not only for your paper and cardstock but also for ribbon, for detail cutting, for sticky things, etc. They have thin, precision-ground stainless steel tips which cut to end of the blade and include safety covers for the blades.
- A good way to measure things and protect your table surface is what our 11" x 17" (28 x 43 cm) Grid Paper does! It has built-in rulers not only along the top, bottom and sides but also a grid for sketching, a note pad and wish list along the side... nothing will make you feel more professional as you measure ribbon and cut cardstock like a champ. After all this time I only recently realised it has metric on one side and imperial measurements on the other! LOL!!
- A good way to properly crease folds. Many new crafters make the rookie mistake of thinking that good-quality cardstock can just be folded in half will-nilly. It soon becomes obvious that anything more than a single sheet of copy paper can really benefit from being folded with the precise, even pressure of a Bone Folder. Other companies make them from plastic and they are either two rigid or too flimsy to do the job properly. I don't know why the "bone" part makes a difference, but it really does. Don't mess with a classic!
So there you go---six inexpensive, must-have tools to get you started. Are you missing any of these highly-recommended items? Let's get you fixed up so you can have the tools you need to have a successful, enjoyable papercrafting experience. Click any image below to read a full product description and add what you need to your shopping cart with your next order.
Top 6 Must-Haves for New Stampers!
If you are new to stamping/papercrafting and this is the first time ordering through me then I have a gift to welcome you to this wonderful world of papercrafting and Stampin' Up! Message me for your free gift and I will also include you on my mail out for the NEW Upcoming 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue when it is released. You'll love it! NO STRINGS ATTACHED! This will not sign you up for anything. It's truly just a gift from me to YOU.
PSST, hey, Newbie!! .... Want more? Is your wish list WAY LONG? Then why not sign up as a demonstrator and get the discount on all future purchases. Let's chat about how you can enjoy the hobby, build your collection, and maybe even make a little money along the way to feed this new hobby! No obligation to hold workshops and you never have to return the Starter Kit. The Starter Kit is ONLY $169 and YOU get to CHOOSE $235 worth of products, plus, it has free shipping! Email me today or just click here to Join the Fun!